• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gen.Armando

Illuminati
87 Badges
Feb 22, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Impire
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
OOC: Greetings to all. As you might have noticed by giving a quick glance toward the title, this will be an aar from a noob's perspective. And by noob I mean as green as the vast fields of Russia in the political mapmode: I played for about ten minutes with the tutorials and this will be my very first game. Also, note that being a french-canadian, english is Not my birth language and while I will try to do honor to shakespeare's tongue, don't expect miracles from me.

Take note that while critics toward my regime will be met with deadly force inside the frontiers of my virtual kingdom, as readers you have every right of telling me that I am heading my nation toward total disaster. Not that I will heed your advices anyway... Pesky readers!

Houserules

1- No save and reload. If I miss, I live with it.
2- No quitting before 1936 (which I believe is the end-date)
3- No save edit, no cheats

Hopefully, I will avoid getting annexed until then

So... it is settled, my country is chosen, I've got a week-end's worth of vacations, outrageously unhealthy amounts of pepsi and frozen foods at my disposal...

"GOD SAVE THE NOOB TSAR!"

Moscow, 1836

*A figure lies in the royal bedroom, puzzled by the strange looks of his environnement*

-Where I am?
*Looks by the window*

-Temperature would lead me to believe I'm still in Canada, but something looks strange and out of place... Yeah that's it, I don't remember I had a russian orthodox cathedral in my backward yesterday

*A uniformed man enters the room*
-ваше сиятельство?

The noob glanced at the well-dressed stranger
-I command you to speak english at once!

-your highness?
repeated the man

The Noob was surprised at himself:
-Wow... I can't believe it actually worked! I'm clearly badass and fit for any leadership post. This proves my highschool teachers wrong

The minister slowly answered:
-...Your highness, this is 1836 and Great Britain is the first world power. As your chief advisor, it is quite normal for me to be able to speak the language of treacherous albion

The noob paused

- ...Yeah... Whatever... As you call me highness, I believe I am the glorious, and hopefully uncontested, leader of the nation?

Chief advisor - That you are, your highness. Would you like ...

"BLOOD WILL FLOW LIKE IN THE RIVERS OF ANCIENT BABYLON!" bursted the Noob Tsar, suddenly realizing the extend of his godlike power over a whole country

Chief advisor - ... I beg his highness' sweet pardon?

Noob Tsar - ...It never happened, just give me an overview of the nation I now rule...

Chief advisor - I'll start with the... herm... good news: we are a great power, and an absolute monarchy, which means you have complete authority over your subjects. The bad news... is that we are apparently also very backward with a literacy rate of 13,6%

Noob Tsar - Who cares? The slaves don't need books to work my fiefdom

*A bit later, after the Noob Tsar poked around complex diagrams and statistics describing his nation, under the appalled eyes of his closest advisor*

Chief advisor - As afraid as I may be, can I ask his glorious leadership what decisions he will take?

Noob Tsar- we will research ideological thought. I'd prefer to research mustard gas, but as it happens, our national research comitee is partial toward culture-related researches. At least, it might allow us to retain our authoritarian regime.

We will maintain slavophiles in power for now, but I might just flush the dorks and replace them with panslavics. It IS an outrage, after all, that my visionary leadership cannot guide the invisible hand and force her to build the factories of my chosing. For now, I have set national focus on Moscow to encourage basic factories and another focus on St-Petersburg to encourage capitalists

As for the rest... meh, let it remain as it is for I will see what needs to be changed in due time. And by that, I mean to check if I can taxe the hell out of the poor people and get away with it. Ol'greaser wants a new palace and 14 k gold throne to rest his butt.. WOAH HOLD ON! I almost forgot

Chief Advisor: WHAT?

Noob Tsar: well obviously, I got my first event to decide, what else? The people need my leadership *Feels like a real decision-maker*

http://img6.imageshack.us/i/v21v.png/

While I couldn't care less about them building houses, a quick glance at the diplomacy screen tells me Finnish is Not an accepted culture in my domain, therefore they shall suffer my discriminatory laws to the fullest! :mad:

*Clicks the unpause button*

Alright, I was off to a fun start. I wanted to go smoothly, not taxe or tariff too much, don't be too much of an ass, but apparently I need to deep-drill the pockets of my people to stay in the green so settings were changed accordingly. The national stockpile was fixed at "North Korean" setting to prevent it from draining too much of the budget. I note that even without taxing the middleman too much, artisans are seemingly called to disappear, incapable they are of satisfying their needs.

We hope they all die in a pointless war - at least I do

http://img30.imageshack.us/i/v23.png/

Also had a gold rush event in Sitka, don't know if those are fixed or random, but hey, every bit helps

http://img683.imageshack.us/i/v22.png/

Last change worth of mention in the first minutes of playing include a new powerful ally for the Noob Tsar - SERBIA!

Here it is, eternal and invincible Serbia

http://img833.imageshack.us/i/v24.png/

Shadowing all of Europe, except Russia, with it's sheer military might

It might be a good idea to upload the screenies in jpeg-format to imageshack and use the
- link so that the pictures show without having to click on every link to see them.

http://img831.imageshack.us/f/v28i.png/

The sun rises slowly over Moscow, uncovering from the shadows the countless bodies of scapegoats laying on the floor outside the palace, while inside it's walls, the fury of the Noob Tsar can be heard by all those who remain.

Noob Tsar - When you told me the country was backward, what you should have specified is that our market technology level is that of an third-worldish backwater station like feudal Japan. No wonder I had to bleed the country to maintain ourselves with a positive balance. And all this time you didn't say a word while instead of Freedom of Trade, I ordered the research of useless crap like ideological thought and positivism, WHO THE HECK NEEDS POSITIVISM?

Chief advisor - Well, we could surely use it a bit right now, see if you look at the positive side of things, you have remediated the problematic of the situation and...

Noob Tsar - You will definitely suffer defenestration before the end of the day. Is there anything else you should have told me earlier?

Chief advisor - I see that you tried, without success, building railroads. Now's the time to tell you that we don't have this technology either.

Noob Tsar - You are fired. I will immediately replace you with another russian, which I believe, holds the necessary knowledge and determination to run the state efficiently and from which I have learned much by reading about him.

Chief advisor - Who might that be?

Noob Tsar - A certain Roman Ungern von Sternberg, also nicknamed the Mad Baron. I've got his portrait in the back to remind me how to run the country.

Chief advisor - Never heard of him

Noob Tsar - Yeah, we are still a bit early for that, but the relativity of time is not a secret for me. You should give wikipedia a look while you rot in jail.

*Two guards seize the advisor and take him away*

Noob Tsar - while you are being whipped and beaten half to death, don't forget to positivate, will ya?

Ungern-von-sternberg.jpg

OOC: When I upload to imageshack, format changes from jpg to png, how do I prevent that? Thanks

North Korea levels :rofl:

Until you get freedom of trade, you might as well be Kim Jong-Il. Yeah, defenestrate whoever advised you to get some other tech.

Haha i love AARs when they are played by one who is....shall we say extravagant? ;)

Long live Tsar Armando, and worry not what some so called "intellectuals" might say, they just cannot understand your genius ^^